| Frequently Asked Questions |
- When I visit Northpointe what should I expect to see, hear and do?
You will experience friendly people, a variety of contemporary music, drama, video clips along with an inspiring, enjoyable message you can apply now.
- How should I dress to attend Northpointe?
Come as you are. It is likely you will see people in jeans AND sport coats. We want your time at Northpointe to be comfortable, relaxed and purposeful. Really... come as you are.
- What kind of music and message can I expect?
You wouldn't believe it if I told you. You'll have to come and see for yourself. Let's just say... this ain't your grandma's church!
- Do I need to know anything about GOD or church to attend Northpointe?
NO. Northpointe is an exciting, vibrant, everyday-teaching type church with the goal of "keeping it simple". Even if you have never attended church before, you will walk away encouraged and knowing something more about God.
- Will I fit in if I have "issues" from my past and feel a little uncomfortable about walking into a church?
You will find Northpointe to be a genuinely friendly, nurturing and spiritually alive church, where people like you, "with issues", are experiencing positive life-change every day.
- Am I going to have someone knocking on my door after I visit Northpointe?
NO. You may remain anonymous as long as you like... It's your decision. But it's likely it won't be long 'til you let us know who you are and want to get to know us more.
- When I attend... do you have a place for my kids?
Yes. We offer age-graded classes for children in all three weekend services: Timbertown... is for children Birth to pre-K. Kidsworld... is for children in Kindergarden to Grade 4.
If you have a 5th or 6th grader... there is a large group meeting in the MERGE room at 10:45 AM. All Junior/Senior High students (Gr 7-12) also meet at 10:45 AM in our Student Life Center (gymnasium).
- Do you have "small groups"?
Oh, yeah! We believe that Christ-followers are meant to be in relationship with others in order to grow in life, character and faith & it is through these "life" small groups that this best occurs.
- Are you affiliated with a denomination?
No. We are a non-denominational evangelical church and have no affiliation with any denomination. This basically means we believe God is real, He loves you, and we want to tell you about it. We also believe that the Bible is God's Word to us and it contains God's Love Story with Mankind, and we base all our teaching on it.
- If I attend Northpointe, do I have to become a member?
Absolutely not! You may choose to pursue membership once you get to know us, but membership is not required in order to attend.