Our most recent 3rd Serve
event was on Saturday, May 18th
. Here's what we did..
Pack your lunch and meet at the farm! Plan to get dirty and support one of our own missionary families! They need help with the following:
- Painting two long fences (you bring paint and brushes-contact Amy for kind of paint, etc)
- Cleaning out the manure from the barn
- Weeding flower beds
- Purchase and plant a tree at 3’ or taller (choice of: red bud, bradford pear, red maple, or blue spruce)
- Cleaning their student ministry center (vacuuming, mopping, washing windows, etc.)
5520 W. Card Rd. Reading MI 49274 (ask for Jerry when you arrive)
Located in Downtown Laingsburg, the Clothesline, founded by Northpointe members, Tom and Lisa Jelenek, is a non-profit resale shop, offering reasonable prices on children, youth and adult clothing.
- Volunteers are needed to help with the season change-over from winter to spring/summer clothing; this may include sorting, folding, hanging up clothing, washing other clothing, or delivering unused clothing to Goodwill in DeWitt; volunteers may pair up with a Clothesline staffer and observe and assist customers as needed. (9-11 or 11-1 or both)
- A few volunteers will need to stop at Northpointe on the way out to pick up donations (please let Amy know if this is something you can do)
- For those of you who can’t participate but still want to contribute, you may donate gently-used and washed spring/summer clothing and accessories. Drop off at the Clothesline or Northpointe by Friday, 5/17.
| 3rd Serve | 2012-2013 |
The Purpose of 3rd Serve
- An introduction to local compassion ministry/service opportunities
- To encourage our people to be the hands and feet of Jesus
- 3rd Serve events are meant to be a catalyst…to personal outreach or group outreach teams
The Meaning of 3rd Serve
The name for 3rd Serve comes from... planning projects for the 3rd Saturday (or week) of the month. We place ourselves 3rd behind God and others in order to demonstrate love to our community through hands on service opportunities.